Silicon Beach Fest is LA’s original festival celebrating LA tech, entertainment & startups with panels, keynotes, workshops, mixers, and more in Santa Monica on June 18-21, 2014. Attendees include startup CEOs, accelerators, VCs, investors, Hollywood movie and music studio execs, agencies, fashion, content creators, social media gurus, developers, designers, and more from LA, Silicon Valley, OC, San Diego, New York, and international. Head to the beach on the first weekend of summer to celebrate LA’s digital innovators in tech, startups, entertainment, fashion, marketing, and more!
In our third summer fest, we will be celebrating the amazing success of LA tech companies in the past year. Several large acquisitions have included Oculus being acquired by Facebook by $2B, Maker Studios acquisition by Disney for more than $500M, and more. Plus, most programming will be held at new venues that didn’t exist last year: the new Cross Campus co-working space at 10th/Colorado (a block east), and General Assembly (2nd/Colorado).
This year’s fest includes:
- Panels: Featuring LA’s top startups, CEOs, VCs, investors, and Hollywood, June 19 and 20
- Parties: Networking parties every night to help you meet key players and friends including the Opening Party and Closing Party. Plus VIP-only parties and other networking events.
- Startup Showcase: 40-50 up-and-coming startups will pitch for 5 min with 5 min Q&A for their chance to win the grand prize and SBF 2014 – Startup Showcase title and trophy. If you have a startup, APPLY by May 31 to pitch to get exposure and a chance at winning the prize.
- Beach Games: Surf, play basketball, or beach volleyball at our beach games on Sat Jun 21. We’re the only tech fest that includes beach games as another way to network with friends you’ve made during the fest!
Plus New Features added this year:
- Digital Content Fest: Watch digital content by YouTubers and indie content creators. If you have content, APPLY to screen your < 10 min video made in the past year.
- Sandbox: Get hands-on playing with gadgets at the SBF Sandbox, including 3D printing, VR, wearables, fit-tech, phone accessories, and more. Email email@example.com if you’d like to demo your gadget, hardware, accessories, etc.
- Startup Village: We’re headed to Third Street Promenade where a dozen consumer-facing startups will get white tented 10×10 booths to create fun engaging activities for the public and pedestrians on Saturday June 21, during peak summer tourism season on the longest day of the year. If you want a booth, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including a fun activity for the public.
- Startup Tables: Available in / near the panel venues to promote your product or service, do demos or giveaways to SBF attendees including startups, VCs, investors, Hollywood studio execs. Register for a 5-6′ table on this Eventbrite, and we will follow up with you.
- Pre-Events: Tech organizations in LA are encouraged to organize pre-events on Sunday June 15, Monday June 16, and Tuesday June 17 leading up to the fest, which we will list. SBF attendees should be able to attend for free or at a discount. If you’d like us to list your event, apply by emailing email@example.com with details about your event.